Seafood Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups medium chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter until tender. Add wine; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- 2. Stir in both types of salsa, chilies and lime juice; cook and stir until heated through. Add shrimp and scallops; cook until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (6 cups).
3/4 cup: 151 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Seafood Pasta Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.