Seafood Pasta Sauce
Something's fishy around Michelle Van Aller's kitchen and her husband isn't a bit suspicious! "When I make low-fat, high taste recipes like this one featuring two kinds of salsa, he's none the wiser," she writes from Hurst, Texas.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups medium chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter until
- tender. Add wine; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in both types of salsa, chilies and lime juice; cook and stir
- until heated through. Add shrimp and scallops; cook until shrimp
- turn pink and scallops are opaque. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 8
- servings (6 cups).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 151 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable,