Seafood Pasta Delight Recipe
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 cup fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients until smooth. Cook vermicelli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops and shrimp; stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque and shrimp turn pink. Remove from pan.
- Stir-fry peppers, snap peas, garlic and ginger in remaining olive oil 3-5 minutes or just until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Return seafood to pan; heat through. Stir in sesame oil. Drain vermicelli; add to pan and toss to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Seafood Pasta Delight
Sort By :
"This is a keeper. My Husband really likes this one."
"I was looking for a recipe for shrimp and scallops,so I tried this one..Am I ever glad that I did!!.It was fantastic..My son couldnt get enough.I di change it a little though..I didnt have any snow peas so I sub broccoli floweretts and slivered carrots.I ran out of chicken broth but had chicken granules,so used that and I used the wine also..It was great.. I will put this recipe in my keeper files.."