Seafood Pasta Alfredo Recipe
“My husband loves seafood, and I created this recipe one night with a little of this and a little of that. Luckily, I wrote it down because he asks for this dish often.”—Rebekah Beyer, Sabetha, Kansas
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 small zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) crab, drained
- 4 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, carrots and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cream, cheese, butter, salt and pepper.
- 2. Bring to a gentle boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add the shrimp, tomatoes, crabmeat and green onions. Drain linguine; toss with shrimp mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 504 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 213 mg cholesterol, 672 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC