"I love seafood and sometimes order the seafood nacho appetizer at our local Mexican restaurant as my entree," says Linda McKee, Big Prairie, Ohio. "I've tried many times to duplicate those tasty morsels at home—this recipe comes close."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 30 tortilla chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Arrange tortilla chips in a single layer on an ungreased baking
- sheet. In a bowl, combine the crab, sour cream, mayonnaise, onion
- and dill; spoon about 1 tablespoon onto each chip. Sprinkle with
- cheese, olives and paprika. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (5 nachos) equals 190 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 531 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.