Seafood Medley Recipe
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds orange roughy fillets
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring the water, lemon juice and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; carefully add fillets and cook, uncovered, for 4 minutes. Add shrimp; cook for 3 minutes. Add scallops; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque. Strain, reserving 1-1/2 cups cooking liquid.
- 2. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, bouillon, mustard and pepper until smooth. Gradually add cream and reserved liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheese and seafood mixture; heat through. Serve with pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup (calculated without pasta) equals 478 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 280 mg cholesterol, 584 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 50 g protein.
Reviews for Seafood Medley
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.