“This is our traditional Christmas Eve dinner.” Rich, creamy and delicious with flaky and tender orange roughy, this dish is perfect for company.” —Marilyn Bishop, Redbridge, Ontario
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds orange roughy fillets
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a Dutch oven, bring the water, lemon juice and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; carefully add fillets and cook, uncovered, for 4 minutes. Add shrimp; cook for 3 minutes. Add scallops; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque. Strain, reserving 1-1/2 cups cooking liquid.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, bouillon, mustard and pepper until smooth. Gradually add cream and reserved liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheese and seafood mixture; heat through. Serve with pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Seafood Medley in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p50
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Seafood Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review