Seafood Medley with Linguine Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 9 ounces uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter and oil until tender.Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Add the tomatoes, rosemary, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Add scallops and shrimp to tomato mixture; cook for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque. Stir in parsley.
- 3. Drain linguine. Serve seafood mixture with linguine; garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup seafood mixture with 1-1/4 cups linguine (calculated without Parmesan cheese) equals 374 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Seafood Medley with Linguine
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.