- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 9 ounces uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter and oil until tender.Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Add the tomatoes, rosemary, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Add scallops and shrimp to tomato mixture; cook for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque. Stir in parsley.
- Drain linguine. Serve seafood mixture with linguine; garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Seafood Medley with Linguine
Sort By :
This was great! My family loved it. I had to use canned diced tomatoes with seasonings, but still added the spices. I highly recommend this. It doesn't take long to prepare which is nice after a hard day at work.
A family favorite. Tried this for Lent a few years ago. No meat, but not sure it counts as a Lenten sacrifice!
Recipe is very tasty. I cheated a bit and used a can of fire-roasted tomatoes WITH garlic instead of sauteing pure garlic. Still came out great.
We are big seafood pasta fans and my family gave this one a thumbs up. I only had one 14 oz can of the fire roasted tomatoes so I made up the rest with fresh. I omitted the sugar and used a seafood mix of scallops, shrimp and calamari. Yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >