Seafood Macaroni Salad
This refreshing salad is always well received, especially in summer. My mother said the recipe just "evolved", because she kept adding ingredients until it tasted right. It really does have great flavor!
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (about 10 ounces)
- 6 ounces peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish or finely chopped sweet pickles
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water until tender; drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine macaroni, shrimp, crabmeat, celery, onion
- and eggs; set aside. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, pickle
- relish, mustard, vinegar and paprika. Add to macaroni mixture; toss
- lightly. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 389 calories, 25 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.