This refreshing salad is always well received, especially in summer. My mother said the recipe just "evolved", because she kept adding ingredients until it tasted right. It really does have great flavor!
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (about 10 ounces)
- 6 ounces peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish or finely chopped sweet pickles
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water until tender; drain and cool. In a large bowl, combine macaroni, shrimp, crabmeat, celery, onion and eggs; set aside. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, pickle relish, mustard, vinegar and paprika. Add to macaroni mixture; toss lightly. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Seafood Macaroni Salad in Reminisce Extra August 1993, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Seafood Macaroni Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review