- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (about 10 ounces)
- 6 ounces peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish or finely chopped sweet pickles
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water until tender; drain and cool. In a large bowl, combine macaroni, shrimp, crabmeat, celery, onion and eggs; set aside. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, pickle relish, mustard, vinegar and paprika. Add to macaroni mixture; toss lightly. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Seafood Macaroni Salad
"I always make TOH recipies exactly as written the first time and then note any changes I might make to suit our famiy. I had to make one change in the recipie as I don't like sweet pickles. It was still great with chopped dills."