- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil and 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in broth and clam juice; bring to a boil. Add scallops, shrimp, crab and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque, stirring gently. Drain, reserving cooking liquid; set seafood mixture aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the remaining butter; stir in flour until smooth. Combine milk and reserved cooking liquid; gradually add to the saucepan. Add salt and remaining pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cream and 1/4 cup cheese. Stir 3/4 cup white sauce into the seafood mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread 1/2 cup white sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles; spread with half of the seafood mixture and 1-1/4 cups sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Seafood Lasagna
"Oh my Goodness! This dish is absolutely FANTABULOUS!!!!! I used 1.5 pounds of shrimp (12 ounces), 1 pound (16 ounce) of REAL jumbo lump crab meat, and 1.5 pounds of bay scallops (12 ounces). I doubled everything else. I also added fresh garlic to my green onion mixture and I added the garlic just before I added the broth and juices. I used Costco's fresh, aged parmigiano reggiano cheese. My sauce was not bland at all! It was thick, rich and decadent! Also, in the doubling process, I used an 8 ounce bottle of clam juice and an 8 ounce bottle of lobster juice. Be sure to drain the seafood stock from the meat to ensure your source isn't runny. Additionally, because mine did not brown after 38 minutes of baking, I put it under the broiler for about 2 minutes. It was perfect! While the seafood makes the dish costly, it was well worth it! I will certainly be making it again!"
"I made this for Christmas dinner. It was a huge hit and my daughter requested it for her birthday dinner. I used canned crabmeat instead of the imitation stuff. Even though it was finely shredded it worked extremely well and actually gave some body to the sauce. I also used just a little extra shrimp, scallops and crabmeat. It was fantastic and will be a go-to for special dinners!"
"If you love seafood, this is a real hit! I made it for the first time last night and shared with friends. Everyone loved it! I did use real crab meat. I'll be sure to drain the pot with seafood better next time, as the sauce was just a bit runny, but it was still delicious. I also used whole wheat lasagna."
"I have to join the other 5 star raters with this one. Its very rich and wonderful. Impressive and very satisfying. I did use a few suggestions. I feel that this recipe will do just fine with just 2 seafood choices. If Crab is one of them Use fresh. Next time I will just use shrimp & Crab. I also reduced the clam juice and used a dry sherry.This recipe will serve quite a few so I downsized it to just 2.I also feel that this would be perfect for stuffing pasta shells * Next time for sure.JanieTaste of Home Volunteer Food Editor."
"Oh my my my this was soooooo good all I changed was I used regular onions and spenich h and it was so good I will make this again sooner than later"
"This is the bomb, when I take it out to potluck it is the first dish emptied. Everyone asks for the recipe."
"Delicious! My sauce was a little bit runny after it baked. I'll be sure to thicken it a bit more next time. But this recipe is definitely a keeper!"
"My family thought this was the best dish ever! There were no leftovers and I think if I'd doubled it, they would have still eaten all of it!"
"Time consuming to make slightly expensive to afford, but Oooh sooo good. Every time I make this. I have to double the recipe. Can be frozen and baked later. Does not seem to effect the taste or texture. I love that it is 100 % from scratch. To who ever come up with this recipe "Well Done"."
"This is the best....a real family favorite. If you love seafood and pasta you'll love this!"