Seafood Lasagna Recipe
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil and 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in broth and clam juice; bring to a boil. Add scallops, shrimp, crab and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque, stirring gently. Drain, reserving cooking liquid; set seafood mixture aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the remaining butter; stir in flour until smooth. Combine milk and reserved cooking liquid; gradually add to the saucepan. Add salt and remaining pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cream and 1/4 cup cheese. Stir 3/4 cup white sauce into the seafood mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread 1/2 cup white sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles; spread with half of the seafood mixture and 1-1/4 cups sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Seafood Lasagna
Sort By :
"Best seafood lasagna I've made to date in all categories - taste, texture, and presentation. Relatively easy, felt good going together. I substituted 1/2 lb of fresh crabmeat for the imitation crab. My foodie dinner guests thought it was one of the best they have ever tasted. Note that it is very rich and easily serves 12. When making for just ourselves, I think I'll cut this into 15 pieces."
"J'Adore! La Vie d'Amour. A very sensual lasagna for a Valentine's Evening!!"
"I am preparing this to night for the 2015 Super Bowl - Patriots Fan. Serving this tomorrow with Chili - Home made sausage, onions and peppers and your delicious Seafood Lasagna - Will keep you posted - Go PATRIOTS!!"
"Wow... Just wow. A sinfully rich and creamy big occasion lasagna for sure. I made no changes except to omit green onions, use my own favoured combo of seafood (shrimp, squid and snapper fish) and to make extra of the white sauce as advised by a lot of reviewers. Served this at a late night Christmas eve gathering and the whole thing was polished off in minutes ! And everyone raved about how good it was. I am especially pleased at how flavourful the white sauce was and the seafood wasn't overcooked at all because of the double cooking process (seafood is boiled then baked). Yummm!!!"
"DE' !!! LICIOUS. Made for christmas 2014, used real crab meat. Very, very good!!!!!."