- smooth. Combine milk and reserved cooking liquid; gradually add to
- the saucepan. Add salt and remaining pepper. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cream and 1/4 cup cheese. Stir 3/4 cup
- white sauce into the seafood mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread 1/2 cup white sauce in a greased
- 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles; spread with half of
- the seafood mixture and 1-1/4 cups sauce. Repeat layers. Top with
- remaining noodles, sauce and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let
- stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 373 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 586 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.