Imitation crabmeat makes a great filling for these saucy lowfat seafood spirals suggested by Juanita Patterson of New Castle, Indiana. "They're delicious, healthy and very easy to prepare," she says. "You can assemble the roll-ups ahead of time , then refrigerate them until ready to bake."
Recommended: 50 Great Ways to Make Lasagna
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 1% cottage cheese, drained
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- In a bowl, combine the crab, cottage cheese, bread crumbs, 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, egg, egg substitute, parsley, onion powder and garlic powder. Spread 1/3 cup on each noodle; roll up tightly. Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in a 9-in. square baking dish. Place roll-ups, seam side down, in dish. Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 25 minutes longer. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Seafood Lasagna Roll-Ups in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p12
Reviews for Seafood Lasagna Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review