Seafood in Tomato Sauce Recipe
We live near the Chesapeake Bay and reap its bountiful seafood harvest. I serve this to company often and receive rave reviews nearly every time. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as my family does! —Jeffrey MacCord, New Castle, Delaware
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat or imitation crabmeat
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1/2 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil for 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, oregano, sugar, thyme, salt and pepper.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and simmer for 30 minutes. Uncover; cook 10 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in crab.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook scallops and shrimp in remaining oil until shrimp are pink and scallops are opaque.
- 4. Divide rice among four individual baking dishes. Top with shrimp and scallops. Spoon tomato mixture over rice and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Seafood in Tomato Sauce
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC