- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons shredded Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3/4 pound bay scallops
- 3/4 pound fresh or frozen clam meat, thawed
- Additional Romano cheese and fresh basil, optional
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a 6-qt. stockpot, heat butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, basil, oregano, thyme and cayenne; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add both cans diced tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese, tomato paste, salt and pepper until cheese is melted. Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes. Add scallops and clam meat; cook 3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Add fettuccine; toss to coat. If desired, sprinkle with additional cheese and basil. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Seafood in Spicy Tomato Cream Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p20
Reviews for Seafood in Spicy Tomato Cream Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review