Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 pound sea scallops, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and scallops in 1 tablespoon oil for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute shallot in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in cream; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Drain fettuccine; stir into cream sauce. Add shrimp, scallops and cheese; toss to coat. Sprinkle with tomato and parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups (prepared with reduced-sodium broth and half-and-half) equals 702 calories, 34 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 179 mg cholesterol, 728 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.