Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 pound sea scallops, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and scallops in 1 tablespoon oil for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute shallot in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in cream; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Drain fettuccine; stir into cream sauce. Add shrimp, scallops and cheese; toss to coat. Sprinkle with tomato and parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 702 calories, 34g fat (14g saturated fat), 179mg cholesterol, 728mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein .
Reviews for Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo
"Great recipe! Just the right balance. Made it for dinner tonight and husband loved it too. Followed recipe exactly and used fettuccini from the fridge aisle which made it extra special. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Since I live at the shore when I saw this I wondered what a guy from the middle of the country knows about seafood. I did go to college where the man lives so I thought what the heck, give it a shot.Tonight I'm making it for about the 10th time...few modifications, but its a winner."
"What kind of white wine do you suggest to cook with for this recipe?"
"I made this for our New Year's Eve dinner tonight. I thought it was delicious!!! I paired it with a lovely salad and homemade bread sticks. I will make this again."
"We loved this. There was no need to add any thickening agent--The sauce was perfect. We doubled the recipe and found it just right for four people. The sauce is rich, but the tomatoes even that out--Delicious!"
"This was delicious. One of my sons is a self-proclaimed food critic. He ate three helpings of this dish. I did add a little cornstarch & cold water to thicken up the sauce. I also added a little more Parmesan cheese than was called for."
"Made for Valentine's Day was a huge hit!"
"I made this for New Years Eve, it was the best Alfredo we have ever had. I will definitely be making this again in the near future."
"My husband is so picky about alfredo sauce and he loved this recipe. I like the tomato with this dish"
"This was the best Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo I've ever had and I've eaten it a lot. I will definitely be making this again in the near future."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.