I like to serve this lovely pasta, featuring scallops and shrimp, with crusty Italian bread. Sprinkled with tomato and parsley, this dish looks as mouthwatering as it tastes. —Jimmy Spellings, Oakland, Tennessee
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 pound sea scallops, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and scallops in 1 tablespoon oil for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute shallot in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in cream; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain fettuccine; stir into cream sauce. Add shrimp, scallops and cheese; toss to coat. Sprinkle with tomato and parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p33
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review