- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 pound sea scallops, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and scallops in 1 tablespoon oil for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute shallot in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in cream; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain fettuccine; stir into cream sauce. Add shrimp, scallops and cheese; toss to coat. Sprinkle with tomato and parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo
Sort By :
"We loved this. There was no need to add any thickening agent--The sauce was perfect. We doubled the recipe and found it just right for four people. The sauce is rich, but the tomatoes even that out--Delicious!"
"This was delicious. One of my sons is a self-proclaimed food critic. He ate three helpings of this dish. I did add a little cornstarch & cold water to thicken up the sauce. I also added a little more Parmesan cheese than was called for."
"Made for Valentine's Day was a huge hit!"
"I made this for New Years Eve, it was the best Alfredo we have ever had. I will definitely be making this again in the near future."
"My husband is so picky about alfredo sauce and he loved this recipe. I like the tomato with this dish"