Seafood Crepes Bearnaise Recipe
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 envelopes bearnaise sauce
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1 cup imitation crabmeat
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the milk, eggs and butter. Combine flour and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 10-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 1/4 cup batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. Prepare bearnaise sauce according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook scallops in butter over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque. Add the shrimp, crabmeat and bearnaise sauce; heat through. Set aside 1/2 cup filling.
- 4. Spread 1/3 cup filling down the center of each crepe; fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon reserved filling over top; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
2 filled crepes equals 637 calories, 40 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 320 mg cholesterol, 1,059 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.