Seafood Cioppino Recipe
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white wine or vegetable broth
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound haddock fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) chopped clams
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1. In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first twelve ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Stir in the haddock, shrimp, crabmeat and clams. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp turn pink. Stir in parsley. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1-1/4 cups equals 205 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.