"Our family requests this creamy chowder for Christmas Eve supper," reports Marlene Muchenhirn of Delano, Minnesota. "We enjoy it with a pot of chili, raw veggies, breadsticks and an array of baked goodies. It's an easy-to-serve and easy-to-clean-up meal between our church service and gift exchange."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4-1/4 hours
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 4 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) medium shrimp, drained
- 4 ounces imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine soups and milk. Stir in the
- vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Stir in clams, shrimp and crab; cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until
- heated through. Garnish each serving with bacon. Yield: 8 servings
- (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 224 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 1,106 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.