A family favorite, this rice casserole is stuffed with plenty of seafood and veggies. It's hearty, homey and so easy to make! —Nancy Billups Princeton, Iowa
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice
- 1 pound frozen crabmeat, thawed or 2-1/2 cups canned lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, combine crab, shrimp, celery, onion, green pepper, mushrooms and pimientos. In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, milk, pepper and Worcestershire sauce; stir into seafood mixture. Stir in rice.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, 40-50 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Seafood Casserole in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p8
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Seafood Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review