Seafood Cakes Recipe
- 1/2 pound uncooked scallops
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Seafood cocktail sauce, optional
- 1. Place scallops and shrimp in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add the cream, egg yolk, mustard, salt and cayenne; cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a large bowl; fold in crab and chives. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. With floured hands, shape mixture by 2 tablespoonfuls into 1/2-in.-thick patties. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook seafood cakes in oil in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with seafood sauce if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 each: 79 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Seafood Cakes
"Tasty, but needed to add breadcrumbs so that they stuck together."
"Good but not too savory, I would try again but add some worchester sauce and maybe shredded carrots."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.