- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, peppers, onion, egg,
- parsley, chives and reserved sauce. Gently fold in scallops and
- With floured hands, shape mixture by 2 tablespoonfuls into
- 1/2-in.-thick patties. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook
- seafood cakes in butter in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or
- until golden brown. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with
- sauce. Garnish with additional peppers and chives. Yield: 40
- appetizers (1/2 cup sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 seafood cake with about 1/2 teaspoon sauce (calculated without garnishes) equals 88 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.