Seafood Brochettes Recipe
- 24 medium fresh mushrooms
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 8 bacon strips, cut into thirds
- 1 pound halibut, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- CHIVE BUTTER:
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1. On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread two mushrooms, two tomatoes and two pieces of bacon with four pieces of fish or seafood. Brush with melted butter.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque, turning once. Combine butter and chives; serve with brochettes. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 brochette with 4 teaspoons chive butter equals 347 calories, 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Seafood Brochettes
"add pearl onions to the mix, and they're perfect"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.