Seafood Bisque Recipe
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2-2/3 cups 2% milk
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons Madeira wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add the shrimp, crab and mushrooms. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the wine, salt and pepper; cook 2-3 minutes longer. Top with onions if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 169 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 817mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Seafood Bisque
"I used chicken broth not wine, I also used fresh mushrooms. This was a tasty soup that was easy to prepare."
"This is a simple, delicious recipe. I added bay scallops and used fresh mushrooms. It was awesome. Thanks to whoever submitted."
"My husband loves this! Easy and delicious."
"Most of the ingredients are canned or jared, not a healthy soup...what would make this soup better is too use fresh ingredients."
"Delicious and filling. Next time I'll use fresh mushrooms."
"Seafood Bisque recipe is fantastic and easy. We changed shrimp to 2lb, crab to 3 cans lump, chopped the mushrooms, and added additional hot pepper sauce. This dish is a family and neighborhood favorite."