- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup white wine or additional broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen uncooked lobster chunks, thawed
- Additional chopped basil
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons oil until tender. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in broth and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, juice, wine, basil, salt and pepper. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add cream; heat through (do not boil).
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook shrimp and lobster in remaining oil until shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes. Add to soup. Garnish servings with additional basil. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Seafood Bisque in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p90
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Seafood Bisque(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review