Seafood Au Gratin Recipe
A seafood casserole is a ‘must’ for a bountiful buffet. My father was a fisherman, so we ate fish almost every day. Over the years, I’ve tasted many seafood dishes, but none better than this one. —Hazel McMullin, Amherst, Nova Scotia
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 pound sea scallops
- 1 pound haddock or cod fillets, cut into six pieces
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour and pepper until smooth; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Place scallops in another saucepan; cover with water. Simmer, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until firm and opaque.
- 3. Meanwhile, place fillets in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high 2-4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain scallops. Arrange fish and scallops in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- 4. In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining butter until tender; stir into cheese sauce. Spoon over seafood. Sprinkle with mozzarella, cheddar and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 5. Cover and bake 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Seafood Au Gratin
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC