- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup frozen cooked tiny shrimp, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, celery, shrimp, egg, onion, red pepper, milk, garlic powder, parsley, seafood seasoning and pepper. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place the cracker crumbs, egg white and remaining bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Roll balls in bread crumbs; dip egg white, then roll in cracker crumbs.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry a few balls at a time for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Seafood Appetizer Balls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p38
Reviews for Seafood Appetizer Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review