Seafood Angel Hair
I sent this recipe to my niece when she was in college, and told her to make it for someone special. We all know the quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach, and since she's now married, I rest my case!
Tracy K. Morgan, Summerville, South Carolina
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh tomatoes (about 8 medium), chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- nonstick skillet, saute shrimp in oil for 5 minutes or until shrimp
- turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the tomatoes, broth, sugar, bouillon,
- salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered,
- for 15 minutes. Stir in crab and reserved shrimp; heat through.
- Drain pasta; serve with seafood mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup seafood mixture with 1 cup pasta equals 355 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 559 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein.