Seafood 'n' Shells Casserole Recipe
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pounds cod fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1. In a large skillet, bring the water, lemon pepper and bay leaf to a boil. Reduce heat; carefully add cod. Cover and simmer 5-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork; drain and set aside. Discard bay leaf.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 3. Meanwhile, Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, saute peppers and onion in butter over medium heat until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in salt, thyme and pepper. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- 4. Drain pasta. Stir fish and pasta into sauce. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 389 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 732 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 39 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Seafood 'n' Shells Casserole
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.