Seafood 'n' Shells Casserole Recipe
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pounds cod fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2-1/2 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, bring the water, lemon-pepper and bay leaf to a boil. Reduce heat; carefully add cod. Cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork; drain and set aside. Discard bay leaf.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute peppers and onion in butter over medium heat until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the salt, thyme and pepper. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain pasta. Stir fish and pasta into sauce. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Seafood 'n' Shells Casserole(4)
Sort By :
I wasn't a fan of how the fish turned out. The texture was enough for me not wanting to eat the leftovers, however my fiance; quite enjoyed it and asked for me to make it again... table for 1! :)
This recipe is delicious when made, but isn't as good as a leftover.
My whole family loved this recipe. I am not a big fan of fish but this meal was easy and delish. I have 3 and 7 year old sons and they asked for seconds. I will be making this again.
I had to leave out the bell peppers b/c my husband hates them and I think that was why this was a little bland. If I can think of a good substitute I would make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >