Seafood & Shells Salad Recipe
“My family asks for this salad often during the summer months. It’s become a favorite.” —Rosalee Ray, Lansing, Michigan
- 2 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons each finely chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, onion, celery, peppers, parsley and dill. Stir in pasta. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 13 servings.
3/4 cup equals 164 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC