“My family asks for this salad often during the summer months. It’s become a favorite.” —Rosalee Ray, Lansing, Michigan
- 2 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons each finely chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, onion, celery, peppers, parsley and dill. Stir in pasta. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 13 servings.
Originally published as Seafood & Shells Salad in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p31
Reviews for Seafood & Shells Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review