- 2 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons each finely chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, onion, celery, peppers, parsley and dill. Stir in pasta. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 13 servings.
Reviews for Seafood & Shells Salad
Sort By :
"This is for sure one of the best salads I've made. Big hit!"
"I made this salad according to directions with the exception of adding the zest of one lemon. I cooked my own large shrimp the day before (as always with one bay leaf and one quartered lemon and then let the cooked shrimp sit in a container in the frig overnight with the quartered lemon and then cut them each into a few pieces when preparing the salad). Everyone raved about this salad and I will most definitely be making it a lot!"
"I have never been a great pasta salad lover, but this is a great recipe and I can’t seem to get enough! One thing that I have found is that it is much better with fresh dill than the dried. (Maybe because my dried dill is fairly old!) My husband has been learning to cook and decided to try this recipe. In the past month, he has made it three times and it has been great each time! The first time, he could not get enough of it and had a third serving. The second time, there was a small serving left over, so I gave it to my mother. She did not get around to eating it for two days and then still raved about how good it was. (She now has the recipe and is making it tonight!) For the third time, my husband made a huge bowl (four times the recipe) for his department at work. He came home and said the salad was a hit and got rave reviews there, also! This recipe has definitely been cut out and saved for a family favorite. Thanks for sharing it, Rosealee!"