"This is a foolproof yet elegant way to make sea scallops, which are somewhat tricky," Lynnae Neuberger of Marshfield, Wisconsin says of her no-fuss main dish. "And it couldn't be simpler because it uses the microwave."
- 1 pound fresh or frozen sea scallops, thawed and rinsed
- 12 small fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 tablespoon white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Place the scallops and mushrooms in a 9-in. glass pie plate or dish. Combine the wine, lemon juice and seasonings; pour over scallop mixture.
- Cover and microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes; stir. Cover and microwave at 50% power 4 to 4-1/2 minutes longer or until scallops turn opaque. Stir in melted butter. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Sea Scallops and Mushrooms in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p6
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sea Scallops and Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review