- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 sea scallops (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper, garlic, lemon peel and pepper flakes; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in broth, wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-6 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Cut each scallop horizontally in half; add to skillet. Cook, covered, 4-5 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque, stirring occasionally. Serve with fettuccine. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sea Scallops and Fettuccine
"Used spaghetti squash instead of fettuccine, really good. Love it!"
"Awesome recipe! I was never a big fettuccine fan until this dish. It's light with sensational flavor."
"This was a great "light" recipe! I added some imitation crab flakes to it as well."