Sea Scallops and Fettuccine Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 sea scallops (about 12 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper, garlic, lemon peel and pepper flakes; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- 2. Stir in broth, wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-6 minutes or until liquid is reduced by about half.
- 3. Cut each scallop horizontally in half; add to red pepper mixture. Simmer, covered, 4-5 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque. Serve over fettuccine. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (prepared with 1 tablespoon oil and reduced-sodium broth) equals 449 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 481 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.