Sea Bass with Shrimp and Tomatoes
This is one of my husband's favorite recipes, simple and delicious. The ingredients make it into a sort of Greek stew. Besides making it for my husband and myself, I like serving this impressive dish to company.
—Susan Orr Schwarz
Sherman Oaks, California
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 sea bass or halibut steaks (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 6 to 8 large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 small red or sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Place the fish in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with
- shrimp, onion, tomatoes and feta cheese. Bake, uncovered, at
- 325° for 45-50 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 348 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 158 mg cholesterol, 1,402 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.