Scrumptious Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
- 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jar (25 ounces) Ragú® Old World Style® Marinara
- 1 carton (15 ounces) fat-free ricotta cheese
- 9 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, halved
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the squash, zucchini, green pepper, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender.
- 3. Drain noodles. Rinse in cold water and drain again. Spread 1/4 cup marinara sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles, a scant 1 cup marinara sauce, 2 cups vegetable mixture, 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, six halved slices of provolone cheese, 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- 4. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 269 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.