- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion of dough to
- 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 4-1/2-in. gingerbread boy
- cookie cutter; place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat
- with remaining dough; chill and reroll scraps.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and
- enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Tint a portion red if
- desired. Decorate cookies as desired with icing, chocolate chips and
- red-hots. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
To Make Ahead: Dough can be made 2 days in advance. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before rolling out. Cookies can be baked 1 week ahead of time and stored in an airtight container at room temperature or frozen for up to 1 month.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie (calculated without chocolate chips and red-hot candies) equals 243 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.