Scrumptious Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, sugar and oregano. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain; transfer to a serving dish. Serve with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 350 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein .
Reviews for Scrumptious Spaghetti
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.