Scrumptious Scrambled Salad Recipe
- 2 large bunches romaine, torn
- 12 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced water chestnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1. In a very large salad bowl, layer the romaine, onions, water chestnuts and peas. Combine the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar and garlic powder; spread over peas. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Just before serving, add the tomatoes, bacon and eggs; toss gently. Yield: 24 servings.
3/4 cup: 267 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Scrumptious Scrambled Salad
"I made this as a recipe for 6. I mistakenly used Miracle Whip and it still turned out great maybe even better than mayo. I don't think what I made would have served 6 but it would be adequate for 4. I would omit the water chestnuts next time and use a little less of the peas.It probably doesn't need the egg either."