Scrumptious Chocolate Cake Recipe
Family and friends like to gather in my kitchen for slices of this scrumptious cake.—Linda Dorion, Nanoose Bay, British Columbia
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (16 ounces) or 2 cups chocolate frosting
- 1. Place the butter, oats and cocoa in a large bowl; add boiling water and stir until butter is melted. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to oat mixture just until combined.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. Frost with chocolate frosting. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 472 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 494 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC