Family and friends like to gather in my kitchen for slices of this scrumptious cake.—Linda Dorion, Nanoose Bay, British Columbia
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (16 ounces) or 2 cups chocolate frosting
- Place the butter, oats and cocoa in a large bowl; add boiling water and stir until butter is melted. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to oat mixture just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Frost with chocolate frosting. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Moist Chocolate Cake in Country Woman September/October 2001, p6
Reviews for Scrumptious Chocolate Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review