Scrumptious Breakfast Fruit Soup Recipe
About 25 years ago, I received this recipe from my husband's aunt, whose grandmother often prepared it in Denmark. Now it's one of the most requested dishes in my own family.
- 6 cups water
- 4 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches with syrup
- 2-1/2 cups assorted dried fruits, chopped
- 1 cup pitted dried plums
- 1 cup raisins
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, bring water, tapioca and cinnamon stick to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes or until tapioca begins to thicken. Add remaining ingredients and continue to cook over medium heat for 25 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 30 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick. Fruit will continue to plump. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Scrumptious Breakfast Fruit Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC