Scrum-Delicious Burgers Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beef, onion, garlic salt and pepper. Shape into six patties, 3/4 in. thick.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mushrooms, bacon and mayonnaise; chill.
- 3. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. During the last 3 minutes, spoon 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture onto each burger. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 480 calories, 29 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 778 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.