- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, onion, garlic salt and pepper. Shape into six patties, 3/4 in. thick.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mushrooms, bacon and mayonnaise; chill.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. During the last 3 minutes, spoon 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture onto each burger. Serve on buns, with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forScrum-Delicious Burgers
"Great straight off the grill! Definitely a keeper!!"
"Delicious! I made these for supper tonight, and my husband said that they're the best homemade burgers I've ever made. We'll be having these again!"
"No canned mushrooms! Use fresh, chopped baby bellas. Also, add a tablespoon or two of steak sauce to the beef mixture for more flavor."
"These were so flavorful! I browned the onion before adding it to the hamburger otherwise, followed the recipe. Will definitely make these again."
"The topping was good, but the amount it made only allowed a small amount for each burger. Therefore, the flavors really didn't come through. I omitted the mushrooms. I would recommend increasing the mayonnaise. Overall, the burgers were really plain-tasting compared to some of the other recipes I use."
"Lucious Burger.Only one substitution. Try browning fresh little cremeni mushrooms in butter until crisp. Don't add to cheese mixture. Add to burger when you are ready to serve. Nice deep flavor !!!!"
"This was great!!! I even made it with Swiss Cheese and it was great also."
"We had some topping left over and tried it on some boneless pork chops on the grill. WOW!"