- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, onion, garlic salt and pepper. Shape into six patties, 3/4 in. thick.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mushrooms, bacon and mayonnaise; chill.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. During the last 3 minutes, spoon 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture onto each burger. Serve on buns, with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Scrum-Delicious Burgers
"No canned mushrooms! Use fresh, chopped baby bellas. Also, add a tablespoon or two of steak sauce to the beef mixture for more flavor."
"These were so flavorful! I browned the onion before adding it to the hamburger otherwise, followed the recipe. Will definitely make these again."
"The topping was good, but the amount it made only allowed a small amount for each burger. Therefore, the flavors really didn't come through. I omitted the mushrooms. I would recommend increasing the mayonnaise. Overall, the burgers were really plain-tasting compared to some of the other recipes I use."
"Lucious Burger.Only one substitution. Try browning fresh little cremeni mushrooms in butter until crisp. Don't add to cheese mixture. Add to burger when you are ready to serve. Nice deep flavor !!!!"