Scrum-Delicious Burgers Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, onion, garlic salt and pepper. Shape into six patties, 3/4 in. thick.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mushrooms, bacon and mayonnaise; chill.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. During the last 3 minutes, spoon 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture onto each burger. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Scrum-Delicious Burgers
Sort By :
These were so flavorful! I browned the onion before adding it to the hamburger otherwise, followed the recipe. Will definitely make these again.
The topping was good, but the amount it made only allowed a small amount for each burger. Therefore, the flavors really didn't come through. I omitted the mushrooms. I would recommend increasing the mayonnaise. Overall, the burgers were really plain-tasting compared to some of the other recipes I use.
Lucious Burger.Only one substitution. Try browning fresh little cremeni mushrooms in butter until crisp. Don't add to cheese mixture. Add to burger when you are ready to serve. Nice deep flavor !!!!
This was great!!! I even made it with Swiss Cheese and it was great also.
We had some topping left over and tried it on some boneless pork chops on the grill. WOW!