Scrambled Homemade Egg Substitute Recipe
"This tasty alternative to whole eggs is perfect for folks who need to watch their diets," remarks June Formanek from Belle Plaine, Iowa. "It scrambles up fluffy and delicious."
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Use as a substitute for eggs. Yield: 1 serving (equivalent to 2 eggs).
Originally published as Homemade Egg Substitute in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p16
Reviews for Scrambled Homemade Egg Substitute(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2010
My recipe called for egg substitute and did not want to buy any for one recipe. The rest would have been thrown out. This made the 1/2 cup called for. I will keep this in my recipe box for future recipes.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >