- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Use as a substitute for eggs. Yield: 1 serving (equivalent to 2 eggs).
Originally published as Homemade Egg Substitute in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p16
Reviews for Scrambled Homemade Egg Substitute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2010
My recipe called for egg substitute and did not want to buy any for one recipe. The rest would have been thrown out. This made the 1/2 cup called for. I will keep this in my recipe box for future recipes.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >