Scrambled French Toast Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 cups cubed day-old bread (1/2-in. cubes)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add bread cubes and toss; let stand for 5 minutes. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add bread cubes and stir until cooked and browned. Gradually add sugar; stir to coat evenly. Cook until all sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 305 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Scrambled French Toast
"I really like the taste, it has just the right amount of sweetness. I don't think I will make the cubes again, instead will use thick slices of bread and put it on the griddle. I had a difficult time using the skillet; a lot of the cubed bread turned to mush when turning them. Or I may dip several cubes in the liquid and put in pan to cook. I will make this again, I'm just not sure in which form, cubes or thick slices."