Scrambled French Toast
I make a point of saving my leftover bread just so I can make this family-favorite recipe. Kids will have fun helping you prepare it, but will enjoy eating this sticky "scrambled" version of French toast even more!
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 cups cubed day-old bread (1/2-in. cubes)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add bread cubes and toss; let stand for 5 minutes. Melt butter in a
- large skillet. Add bread cubes and stir until cooked and browned.
- Gradually add sugar; stir to coat evenly. Cook until all sugar is
- dissolved, about 5 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 305 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 387 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.